(See also: Administrators Assembly Constitution)
The Administrators Assembly is established for the purpose of providing organized representation for each administrative staff member with regard to internal and external matters which may affect the institution. In determining institutional policies, the Administrators Assembly wishes to participate in the policy making process by representation on appropriate committees.
The Administrators Assembly is organized with the following objectives in mind:
- To support the college vision and mission.
- To improve lines of communication between administrative staff and all other areas within the institution.
- To promote the welfare, opportunities, and responsibilities of its members as well as facilitate communication with other constituents in the college community. It also encourages cooperation and unity among its members, and provides opportunities for professional development.
- To nurture and enhance professional relationships between departments.
- To provide administrative staff with the opportunity to register its voice in the development of institutional policy.
- To provide a means to present, discuss and consider, as a group the concerns of and suggestions of the administrative staff relative to institutional matters.
The Administrators Assembly is an organization of Lee College administrative individuals engaged in interaction and dialogue within the shared governance structure of the institution. The Assembly provides increased opportunities for its members through collective input, networking, scholarship and professional development, inspired by the experience and participation of its elected officials and committee representatives and in cooperation with its general membership. Our vision is committed to expand member opportunities and meet their needs for the future.
The Assembly shall meet once each semester. The Executive Committee meets once a month on a Wednesday after President’s Council held on the Monday before. Special meetings may be called by the Executive Committee as needed.
Standing Committees 2010-2011:
- Compensation and Benefits – No Chair
- Policy and Procedures – No Chair
- Professional Development – Chair Paula Lee
- Grievance – No Chair
- Managers/Supervisors – Chair Jonna Cagle-Page
- Ad Hoc Committees:
Social Committee – Chair Becky Hill
The duties and membership of each are described in the Constitution of the Administrators Assembly.
Representation on Campus Committees:
- President’s Council – Sharon Mullins
- Planning/Institutional Effectiveness – Anne Dickens
Attending Monthly Board Meetings – Executive Council Members Will Rotate