Associate of Applied Science
Applications are taken year around, students are strongly encouraged to turn in applications by February 1 for consideration for admission. Students are responsible for furnishing official transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office. The student is required to request transcript evaluation of transfer courses, once admitted into the program. The ADN Admission Committee informs applicants of admission status. Students selected may enter the program provided admission requirements are satisfied.
- No grade of “D’ or below in degree plan courses.
- Prerequisite courses GPA of 2.5 in BIOL 2401, ENGL 1301, PSYC 2301.
- Science GPA of 2.5 in degree plan courses completed
- Criminal background checks. See Allied Health office for details
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services required immunizations (see Allied Health Admission)
- Current Vocational Nursing license (LVN) in good standing in the state of Texas
Admission requirements are monitored continuously and may change between catalogs. Contact the Allied Health office for most recent admission requirements including:
- Overall GPA in degree plan
- GPA of prerequisite courses
- GPA of natural science courses completed in the degree plan
- Number of courses completed in degree plan
- Non-degree plan science courses completed, such as chemistry, biology, life science, pathophysiology and nutrition.
- Non-degree plan academic courses such as Sociology, History, Government, Statistics.
- Previous unsuccessful degree plan attempts may impact admission.
The Board of Nurse Examiners for the state of Texas requires schools to inform enrolled student, (verbally and in writing) about eligibility requirements and to maintain students’ signed receipt of the required information.
The Board of Nurse Examiners has identified certain circumstances that may render a potential candidate ineligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
|Subj.||Cat. #||Title||Cr Hrs|
|First Semester Prerequisites|
|BIOL||2401||Human Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|ITSC||1309||Integrated Software Applications I||3|
|ENGL||1301||English Composition I||3|
|PSYC||2301||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Once admitted into the program all courses must be taken in the sequence designated at the time of admission. If any RNSG course must be repeated, the lab/clinical corresponding course must be repeated also.|
|BIOL||2402||Human Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|ENGL||1302||English Composition II||3|
|PSYC||2314||Life Span Growth and Development||3|
|- – - –||- – - -||Humanities/Fine Arts||3|
|- – - -||- – - -||Oral Communic.||3|
|#||RNSG||1209||Introduction to Nursing||2|
|#||RNSG||1205||Nursing Skills I||2|
|#||RNSG||1341||Common Concepts of Adult Health||3|
|#||RNSG||1361||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||3|
|RNSG||2207||Transition to Nursing Practice||2|
|##||RNSG||1343||Complex Concepts of Adult Health||3|
|##||RNSG||1362||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||3|
|##||RNSG||2201||Care of Children and Families||2|
|##||RNSG||2161||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||1|
|RNSG||1251||Care of the Childbearing Family||2|
|RNSG||1162||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||1|
|RNSG||2213||Mental Health Nursing||2|
|RNSG||2160||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||1|
|SPNL||1301||Health Care Spanish||3|
|RNSG||2331||Advanced Concepts of Adult Health||3|
|RNSG||2121||Management of Client Care||1|
|RNSG||2362||Clinical – Nursing – Registered Nurse Training||3|
|RNSG||1146||Legal and Ethical Issues for Nurses||1|
|Total Semester Credit Hours for Degree||71|
* These courses may be taken after admission to the program.
## Grade awarded in these courses will be transcripted for RNSG 1205, 1209, 1341, 1361.