Alumnus and Meritorious Awards
The true measure of a college’s greatness can be found in the achievements of its alumni and the support received from its friends.
Lee College Alliance is proud to bestow one of three awards to an outstanding alumnus and/or friend who has demonstrated a record of distinguished service and extraordinary achievement.
Distinguished Alumnus – The Distinguished Alumnus Award is the highest and most prestigious award Lee College can bestow upon its alumni. The award is presented to an alumnus who has demonstrated a record of distinguished service and extraordinary achievement in a particular career, profession, life’s work military service or cause that brings distinction to the College.
Meritorious Award – The Meritorious Award recognizes alumni, faculty, and friends for their service and contributions to the mission and success of Lee College.
Outstanding Young Alumnus – The Outstanding Young Alumnus Award recognizes graduates age 39 and younger that have made significant achievements in their careers, life’s work, or cause. Nominee must be 39 and younger in the year which the award is presented.
- Distinguished in his or her chosen career, profession, military service, or life’s work
- Military distinction
- Service to society
- Be a person of integrity
- Demonstrated ability
- Renowned (others will be inspired by his/her recognition)
- Demonstrates an interest in Lee College
- Recognizes the importance of his/her Lee College degree
- Winners may live outside the immediate geographic location
- Distinguished & Outstanding awards are each a one-time honor (Meritorious may be awarded to the same person more than once)
- Member of selection committee
- Submission received after deadline will be considered the following year
- Deadline for submission is Feb. 11, 2019
- Any current candidate for a public office
- Current member of the Lee College Alliance Board