Achieving the Dream (AtD) is a multi-year national initiative to help more community college students succeed, particularly low-income students and students of color.
Each AtD institution identifies student populations that currently experience low rates of success, develops interventions to improve student outcomes, and measures changes in student success. The goals of the initiative are to increase the number of low income students and students of color who:
- Successfully complete development courses and progress to credit-bearing;
- Enroll in and successfully complete gatekeeper courses;
- Complete the courses they take, with a grade of C or higher;
- Re-enroll from one semester to the next; and
- Earn certificates and degrees.
Ultimately, the initiative seeks to help more students achieve their individual goals, which may include obtaining a better job, earning a community college certificate or degree, and/or attaining a bachelor’s degree.
Success is what counts.