AtD Leader College
Lee College is proud to be designated once again as an Achieving the Dream Leader College in 2014-2015.
A Student-Centered Vision
The three year leader college designation symbolizes the colleges commitment to improving student success and closing achievement gaps. Leader colleges across the United States have shown how data-informed decision making can improve policy and practices that help students achieve their goals, resulting in improved skills, better employability, and economic growth for families, communities, and the nation as a whole.
With the guidance of experienced Achieving the Dream coaches, Lee College is systemically changing the way we operate, implementing key student supports that align with our overall policies and institutional systems. Those systems include college readiness programs, mandatory new student orientation, student-success courses, developmental education redesign, curriculum development, intensive and individualized advising.
Principle Goals Include:
- Increase successful completion of developmental courses and progress to credit-bearing courses.
- Increase successful completion of gateway courses, such as ENGL 1301 English Composition and Math 1314 College Algebra.
- Increase the successful completion of college level courses, earning a grade of C or higher.
- Increase student persistence from semester to semester and year to year.
- Increase completion of education goals: certificates, degrees, transfer, and employment.
Lee College is committed to the use of data to drive strategies, monitor progress and evaluate outcomes; developing strategies to close performance gaps among students; involving their faculty, students, staff and communities in their efforts; reporting data and outcomes broadly, both on and off campus; forming partnerships with their communities, local businesses and others; and advocating for state and national policy changes as needed.