Through Ed 2 Go courses, you can learn new skills or update current skills either for your career or for personal enrichment or prepare for a totally new career … all in the comfort of your own home or office. The flexibility of online courses makes it easy to begin now to achieve your goals.
People have a variety of reasons for taking distance learning courses, but these classes are not for everyone. Although you will remain in constant contact with your instructor and your classmates through the course discussion areas, learning over the Internet is essentially a solitary activity. If you do not prefer face-to-face interaction or cannot take the responsibility to complete your lessons in a timely manner, you will probably fare better in a classroom environment.
You must have the following basic computer skills to be a successful distance learning/online student:
- Ability to send an e-mail both with and without an attachment.
- Ability to type a URL directly into Web browser to go the specific website chosen to visit.
- Ability to use a search tool (e.g., Google or Yahoo!) to search the Web for specific information.
- Ability to open a word processor and use it to create, save, edit and print documents.
- Ability to cut, copy and paste items from one application to another.
Learn more about Ed 2 Go Distance Education at Lee College.