Fri., March 13, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
Domestic Travel: Effective immediately through March 31, all Lee College students, faculty, and staff college-related domestic travel is canceled. Conferences and non-Lee College campus site visits should be considered non-mission critical unless there is an extenuating circumstance to support the justification for the travel. Travel after this date will be reviewed as the response evolves.
International Travel: Effective immediately through May 31, all college-related international travel by Lee College students, faculty, and staff, is suspended until further notice. Please cancel all pending trips that fall within this time period, even if the president’s approval has been previously obtained.
Students, faculty, and staff who travel outside of the United States are required to register with the college before leaving or immediately upon return of a trip, using this travel form. If the travel was to a country identified by the CDC with a travel health notice warning of Level 3, travelers will be required to self-isolate off campus for 14 days before returning to campus.
To assist us in providing support to students, faculty, and staff who traveled during Spring Break and to ensure that we can adhere to appropriate screening before your return to work and school, please fill out the travel form on our website.
Submission of this form for all completed and planned travel must be done by Monday, March 23.
We will monitor closely and re-evaluate this suspension when there is clear evidence that the global public health emergency is abated.
It is necessary to place a 14-day self-quarantine (isolation from others) restriction on students, faculty, and staff returning from travel, whether personal or college-related, to all countries for which CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 Travel Warning related to COVID-19. This is consistent with CDC recommendations. During the quarantine, access to college campuses or activities is prohibited.
General Self-Quarantine Guidelines
- Stay home (or at another location approved by your local health department). This means do not go to school, class, work, public areas, or attend large gatherings or campus activities. If you need medical care, call your health care provider.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you are out of self-quarantine.
- Stay away from public areas, including grocery stores, malls, theaters, and large public gathering spaces.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home.
- Monitor your symptoms, and if they develop or worsen, then call your health care provider BEFORE seeking in-person care.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Postpone any travel. If travel is absolutely necessary, you need to coordinate with your local health department. If you travel and become ill, you may not be able to return home.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
You should follow these self-monitoring guidelines:
- Measure your temperature twice a day.
- Watch for cough or difficulty breathing.
- Call ahead before you go to your doctor’s office or to an emergency room. Tell them your symptoms and disclose any prior travel.
Written approval is required before any Lee College community member may return to campus after self-quarantine. Employees must obtain written approval from both their direct supervisor and Vice President. Students must obtain written approval from the Vice President of Student Affairs, or her designee. Lee College community members under self-quarantine will be provided a screening questionnaire to answer regarding health symptoms. Based on the responses to the questionnaire, the community member may be directed to a health care provider before being approved to return to campus.
Thank you for your continued support as we monitor and respond to this fluid situation.
President, Lee College