1st step: Request your VA education benefits by applying online at http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/.
You must determine your chapter
- Chapter 30 – Active Duty
- Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 32 – Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33 – Post 911
- Chapter 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
For more details visit www.gibill.va.gov or call 1.888.GIBILL.1 (1.888.442.4551). Online application is the fastest (computers access and assistance is available in the Veterans Center). Paper applications are also available at the Veterans Center.
BAH Calculator (Chapter 33) http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm
Rate Tables (Other Chapters) http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tables.html
2nd step: Bring all required documents to the Veterans Center. Depending on you status, you may be required to furnished more forms.
- DD-214 Member 4 – Chapter 30, 31, 33, & VRAP
- Letter of Eligibility/Certificate of Eligibility (might take up to 9 weeks to receive)
- Notice of Basic Eligibility from your unit – Chapter 1606/1607
3rd step: Request transcripts from all military, colleges and/or universities previously attended to be sent to Lee College’s admissions office.
4th Step: Complete a Request for Certification form and submit to the Lee College Veterans Center. You must complete a Request for Certification for each semester you wish to use your VA benefits.
How to request military transcripts
To request military transcripts, click on the following links:
Mail Transcripts to: Lee College, Admissions and Records Office, PO Box 818, Baytown, TX 77522-0818