2013 Former-LEE Board Meeting
The Meeting was called to order by President Randy Casey at 12:00 noon. Board members present: Tracy Anderson, Randy Casey, Joan Linares, Pat Mann, Mike Nebgen, Renee Rhodes, and Kimberlee Whittington.
Also present from the Lee College staff were Ginni Whitten and Windi O’Shields.
Minutes of the first December 3, 2012, Board Meeting were read and approved on a motion by Kimberlee Whittington, seconded by Renee Rhodes.
The Agenda indicated that we have 153 members, including 73 Lifetime.
President Casey reported on several recent activities:
- Basketball VIP Alumni Event, January 30th, 8 new members, 2 renewals;
- Kiwanis Club Meeting, January 31st, 6 new members, 2 Lifetime.
President Casey also reported on several upcoming events:
- February 20th – Basketball Sportsmanship Trophy Presentation with Lee Rebels vs. Angelina State
- Former-LEE Lifetime Member event, will be scheduled to coincide with the Texas Tenor’s Concert in the PAC, on March 9th. The Lifetime Member event will be at the Red Fox, beginning at 5:00 pm.
- March 28th – Speed Networking event – volunteers are needed.
- April 29th Annual meeting will be combined with the Distinguished Alumni event. A planning session for this event was scheduled to occur upon the conclusion of the Board Meeting.
- May 10th – Nursing Pinning Ceremony – 3 volunteers needed.
- May 11th – Graduation Ceremonies 10:00 am and 1:00 pm – 3 volunteers needed for each.
President Casey appointed a Nominating Committee to provide a slate of board nominees for 2014. Members of this committee are those board members whose terms expire in 2014: Joan Linares, Frank McClosky, Pat Mann, Mike Nebgen James Tubbs, and Randy Casey. and Pat Mann to contact existing Board member who are slated to go off the Board (Anderson, Kadjar, Nebgen, Planty, Rhodes, and Whittington) and, if new replacements are needed, contact other possible nominees.
There was no other new business to discuss.
The next meeting was set for Monday, April 8.
The meeting adjourned into the Distinguished Alumni Event planning session at 12:45 pm.
Pat Mann, Secretary