2013 Former-LEE Board Meeting
The Meeting was called to order by President Randy Casey at 11:45 a.m. Board members present: Randy Casey, Joan Linares, Pat Mann, Tim Planty, Renee Rhodes, and Kimberlee Whittington. Also present from the Lee College staff were Ginni Whitten and Windi O’Shields.
Minutes of the February 4, 2013, Board Meeting were read and approved on a motion by Renee Rhodes, seconded by Kimberlee Whittington.
President Casey reported our latest membership statistics as 92 individual, 78 lifetime, and a total of 170.
President Casey reported on several recent activities:
- March 9th – Lifetime Members Dinner at the Red Fox – 42 in attendance.
- March 28th – Speed Networking Event as part of Lee College Job Fair – 30 participants, 9 volunteers
President Casey also reported on several upcoming events:
- Monday, April 29th, 6:00 pm – Annual Meeting, Election of New Board Members and Announcement of Distinguished Alumnus at Spring Hill Suites.
- Friday, May 10th, 7:00 pm – Nurse Pinning Ceremony – Sports Arena
- Saturday, May 11th, 10:00am and 12:30 pm – Graduations – Sports Arena
President Casey presented the Nominating Committee’s report on Board Candidates:
- David Kadjar*
- LaNelle McKay
- Tim Planty*
- Virginia Ramirez
- Renee Rhodes*
- Kimberlee Whittington*
* – Incumbent
Ms. Whitten will have ballots ready at the Annual Meeting, with space available for nominations from the floor.
Volunteers are needed for the May 10 and 11 affairs: May 10, 2; May 11, 10 a.m.-3; May 11, 12:30 p.m., 3;
Ms. Whittington reported on the scholarship status in the Continuing Education Department. Three para-medical scholarships have been awarded in spring, 2014.
The next Board Meeting was set for Monday, June 10 at 11:30 am.
On a motion by Kimberlee Whittington, seconded by Joan Linares and Renee Rhodes, the meeting adjourned at 12:45 p.m.
Pat Mann, Secretary