Members Present: Paul Allen, Paul Arrigo, Howard Bushart, Rosemary Coffman, Joseph Ganakos, Michael Gos, Graeme Cox for Karen Guthmiller, Tia Hall, Rod Hellyer, David Jaroszewski, Cindy Lewis, Jim Richardson, Ingrid Wallace
Members Absent: Kenneth Booker, Stewart Edwards, Vicky Hart, Doylean Sprauve, Donnetta Suchon, Jeff Thies, Dana Woods
Meeting was called to order at 2:05 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes from February 21, 2012 were approved as written.
- Old Business: Joseph Ganakos discussed Troy Oehler’s progress on the follow up process for the CAAC submission. Joseph Ganakos discussed having a two week call for submission instead of a one week call. The testing process has begun and Troy Oehler is working on getting everyone together for training. Joseph Ganakos discussed putting together a one page technical manual for the CAAC submission process.
- New Business:
- Graeme Cox presented for Karen Guthmiller. Graeme Cox proposed KINE 1164 will become KINE 1132. The current KINE 1304 will become KINE 1305. The current KINE 1305 will become KINE 1304. The new KINE 1304 will be in all three degree plans for Health, Fitness, and Physical Education. KINE 1305 will only be in the Health degree. See attachment. A motion to accept was made by Joseph Ganakos and seconded by Howard Bushart. Motion carried.
- Rosemary Coffman announced that Lee College will be accepting DSST examinations for academic credit. See handout.
- Teresa Landers proposed adding pre/corequisite READ 300 or equivalent to CDEC 1313, CDEC 1319, CDEC 1323 and CDEC 1359. A motion to accept was made by Joseph Ganakos and seconded by Paul Arrigo. Motion carried.
- Sharon Graber requested a new proposal in changing the prerequisites for MATH 1332 and MATH 1342 to read: “Prerequisite: MATH 330 (C or better) or equivalent or MATH 342 (C or better); ENGL 301 or equivalent; READ 302 or equivalent.” A motion to accept was made by Tia Hall and seconded by Joseph Ganakos. Motion carried.
- Charlotte Mueller proposed changing the lec/lab designation for MUSI 1181, MUSI 1182, MUSI 2181 and MUSI 2182 from 2 lab hours to 1 lecture/1 lab hours. A motion to accept was made by Howard Bushart and seconded by Joseph Ganakos. Motion carried.
- Jim Richardson presented for Richard Tunstall. Jim Richardson clarified that CETT 1325 was still in existence.
- Cathy Kemper presented for Jeff Thies. Cathy Kemper talked about the lec/lab ratios were not in alignment with the AGCM. The classes affected are being adjusted.
Michael Gos reminded the divisions scheduled for election should submit names before next meeting. Divisions are: H/C Academic; Allied Health; Business Technology; Math, Engineering, Natural and Physical Sciences; Kinesiology and Wellness; Workforce Education; Developmental Education; Process Technology; Nursing.
Meeting adjourned at 2:22 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by:
Susan Keith, Secretary Michael Gos, CAAC Chair