Members Present: Paul Allen, Paul Arrigo, Howard Bushart, Dana Byal, Rosemary Coffman, Stewart Edwards, Joseph Ganakos, Michael Gos, Karen Guthmiller, Tia Hall, Vicky Hart, Rod Hellyer, David Jaroszewski, Charlotte Mueller, Angela Noack, Doylean Sprauve, Jeff Thies, Ingrid Wallace. Guests: Donna Zuniga
Members Absent: Jim Richardson, Donnetta Suchon, Dana Woods
Meeting was called to order at 2 p.m.
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes from April 17, 2012 were approved as written.
- Old Business: Joseph Ganakos discussed the last phase of the CAAC submission process. Two workshops on the CAAC submission process were performed during Professional Development week. Deadline for submitting a curriculum maintenance request is the Monday before the next scheduled CAAC meeting.
- New Business:
- Jeff Thies discussed the revised Texas Core Curriculum which will be implemented in the fall semester of 2014. The due date for submission to the state is fall 2013. (See handout)
- Jeff Thies discussed the 2013-2014 catalog timeline. (See handout)
- Donna Zuniga proposed adding a Certificate of Completion in Automotive Technology at the Huntsville campus. A motion to accept was made by Paul Arrigo and seconded by Joseph Ganakos. Motion carried.
- Rod Hellyer proposed adding a new course WLDG 1312 in the spring 2013 semester. A motion to accept was made by Joseph Ganakos and seconded by Howard Bushart. Motion carried.
- Rod Hellyer proposed adding MCHN 1416 into the Certificate of Completion of the Industrial Systems program. A motion to accept was made by Stewart Edwards and seconded by Tia Hall. Motion carried.
- Tom O’Kuma recommends that Lee College sign the Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Voluntary Course Transfer Agreement pertaining to Bachelor of Science degrees in Civil, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering. A motion to accept was made by Tia Hall and seconded by Rod Hellyer. Motion carried.
- Howard Bushart proposed a new AAS degree in Physical Therapist Assistant program. A motion to accept was made by Rod Hellyer and seconded by Joseph Ganakos. Motion carried.
- Howard Bushart recommended retiring the Certificate of Cancer Management award. Recommendation was approved.
Meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by:
Susan Keith, Secretary Michael Gos, CAAC Chair