Members Present: Julie Sayles in for Paul Arrigo, Kenneth Booker, Stewart Edwards, Joseph Ganakos, Michael Gos, Karen Guthmiller, Susan Hamby, Rod Hellyer, Joyce Jacobs, Cindy Lewis, Jimmy Lockett, Roberta McClure. Guests: Ray Whitlow, Steve Showalter, Paul Lucke
Members Absent: Howard Bushart, Rosemary Coffman, Jill Curf, Jim Richardson, Doylean Sprauve, Donnetta Suchon, Dana Woods
Meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m.
1. Approval of Minutes: The minutes from October 19, 2010 meeting were approved as written.
2. Old Business: None
3. New Business:
• Donna Burroughs proposed changes to the Process Piping Design Certificate. TECM 1349 (Technical Math Applications) will be added and placed in the first semester. Replace DFTG 2438 (Final Project) and DFTG 2486 (Internship) with SCIT 1418 (Applied Physics). Change capstone experience to DFTG 2457 (Advanced Technologies in Pipe Drafting & Design). A motion to accept was made by Susan Hamby and seconded by Karen Guthmiller. Motion carried.
• Donna Burroughs proposed changes to the Process Piping Design AAS degree. Replace ENTC 1343 (Statics) with ARCE 2444 (Statics & Strength of Materials). Move ARCE 2444 to final semester. Move Humanities & Fine Arts requirement to second semester. Replace DFTG 2438 (Final Project) and DFTG 2486 (Internship) with SCIT 1418 (Applied Physics). A motion to accept was made by Joe Ganakos and seconded by Joyce Jacobs. Motion carried.
• Ray Whitlow reported that SPCH 1145 will be discontinued.
• Steve Showalter reported that PHIL 2303, PSYC 2308 & 2318, and SOCI 2301 will be discontinued.
• Paul Lucke reported that ARCH 2312 will be discontinued.
• DeDe Griffith proposed the re-organization of three programs (Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Construction Engineering Technology) into an AAS in Engineering Technology with the 3 options. A motion to accept was made by Joe Ganakos and seconded by Stewart Edwards. Motion carried.
4. Open Forum: None
Meeting adjourned at 2:25 p.m.
Respectfully submitted: Approved by:
Susan Keith, Secretary Michael Gos, CAAC Chair