Members Present: Paul Arrigo, Howard Bushart, Rosemary Coffman, Stewart Edwards, Joseph Ganakos, Michael Gos, Karen Guthmiller, Tia Hall, Vicky Hart, Rod Hellyer, Joyce Jacobs, Cindy Lewis, Doylean Sprauve. Guests: Jeff Thies, Al Zucha, Becki Griffith
Members Absent: Kenneth Booker, Jill Curf, Jim Richardson, Donnetta Suchon, Dana Woods
Meeting was called to order at 2:00pm
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes from September 20, 2011 were approved as written.
- Old Business: Joe Ganakos discussed the progress that has been made by the CAAC Submission Process Subcommittee. The first alpha test has been implemented. Troy Oehler continues working on details. A beta test will be conducted within the next 3 weeks.
- New Business:
- Angela Noack proposed the removal of the Certificate of Completion in Nail Design and the following classes from the catalog. CSME 1330, CSME 1431, CSME 1441, and CSME 2530. A motion to accept was made by Paul Arrigo and seconded by Joe Ganakos. After discussion, motion carried.
- Al Zucha discussed the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) codes need validation in publications. See THECB Program inventory for list of active Lee College codes (see handout). Since SACSCOC and THECB rely heavily on CIP codes for analysis, divisions need to verify CIP usage in publications.
- Dr. Jeff Thies presented for Dr. Kathy Kemper. Dr. Jeff Thies discussed minimum length of courses. The courses offered online were not meeting the contact hours. The DE committee will review courses for online structure and process.
- Open Forum – None
Meeting adjourned at 2:42pm.
Respectfully submitted, Susan Keith, Secretary
Approved by: Michael Gos, CAAC Chair