Members Present: Paul Arrigo, Kenneth Booker, Howard Bushart, Rosemary Coffman, Stewart Edwards, Joseph Ganakos, Michael Gos, Karen Guthmiller, Susan Hamby, Joyce Jacobs, Cindy Lewis, Jimmy Lockett, Roberta McClure, Doylean Sprauve. Guests: DeDe Griffith, Donna Zuniga
1. Approval of Minutes: The minutes from September 21, 2010 meeting were approved as written with a correction in the spelling of weigh.
• Donna Zuniga proposed an AAS degree in Cabinet Making. A motion to accept was made by Karen Guthmiller and seconded by Paul Arrigo. DeDe Griffith suggested moving TECM 1349 to the second semester. After further discussion, motion carried.
• Donna Zuniga proposed a certificate in Advanced Culinary and Baking and recommended deactivating the Pastry Chef certificate. The effective deactivation date for the Pastry Chef certificate will be May 31, 2011. A motion to accept was made by Stewart Edwards and seconded by Joyce Jacobs. Motion carried.
• Joyce Jacobs presented a Developmental Education Plan (see handout). A motion to accept was made by Paul Arrigo and seconded by Roberta McClure. After discussion, motion carried.
• Michael Gos – Registration Deadlines. Becki Griffith passed out late registration statistics (see handout). Discussion followed. Michael Gos made a motion that registration end the weekend prior to the start of classes. Anyone registering after that must register for late start classes. The motion was seconded by Stewart Edwards. Motion carried.
4. Open Forum – None
Meeting adjourned at 2:55pm.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by:
Susan Keith, Secretary Michael Gos, CAAC Chair