Center for Teaching Excellence
LeAnn Allison is the manager of the CTE Hyperstruction Studio. As manager of the CTE, she is responsible for coaching faculty to effectively integrate technology in a variety of instructional settings. Professional development methods offered include aiding faculty in course design, technology uses, student engagement, and varied instructional delivery methods including traditional, online, and blended. Please offer any specific topics that you would like to see presented (these do not have to be technology intensive or related to STEM).
Contact LeAnn Allison, Instructional Design Specialist at 281.425.6577 or email@example.com, JBH 124.
The mission of the Center for Teaching Excellence is to inspire and enable faculty to enhance teaching effectiveness so that students successfully achieve desired learning outcomes and steadily increase in persistence. The CTE uses a collaborative and learning centered approach, where faculty are encouraged to implement new active learning teaching techniques and technologies into the classroom in a non-threatening atmosphere.
Blackboard Refresher Course
Short tutorials to refresh your basic Blackboard training.
Instructions: To start the presentations, open the slideshow, and click “Start from Beginning” to launch.
- How to Access Your Course Online (2:30 – PowerPoint)
- Basic Course Overview (3:50 – PowerPoint)
- Using the Control Panel (PowerPoint)
- Unit 1: Preparing for Online Instruction (4/28-5/11)
- Unit 2: Learning Outcomes (5/12-5/25)
- Unit 3: Course Design (5/26-6/8)
- Unit 4: Rubrics (6/9-6/15)
- Unit 5: Finalizing the Product (6/16-7/3)
June Course (Online or Blended*)
- Unit 1: Preparing for Online Instruction(6/8-6/15)
- Unit 2: Learning Outcomes (6/16-6/29)
- Unit 3: Course Design (6/30-7/13)
- Unit 4: Rubrics (7/14-7/27)
- Unit 5: Finalizing the Product (7/28-8/10)
*Blended Certification Course Meeting Dates (JBH 124)
Tuesdays (2-4 p.m.)
June 3, 17, July 1, 14 (Monday), 29
Wednesdays (9:30-11:30 a.m.)
June 11, 25, July 9, 23, 30
For entering course dates, just enter unit start date for each week. Since it’s an online course, it doesn’t need to show blocked out for the entire week.