- To assist with increasing Hispanic enrollment at Lee College to 25% or more.
- To encourage parent/family involvement in helping their children attain academic success.
- To promote and celebrate Hispanic Heritage.
- To continue to increase community awareness about the value of an education.
- To assist students with financial aid by providing information/resources.
The HEAC participates in several events, including Dia de los Muertos Exhibit (Altar exhibit and celebration), Fiesta de Graduacion (Honoring high school seniors in May), Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration, the Ruben de Hoyos Educational Excellence Award, and a Christmas Tree Fantasy. Membership Drives are held at the December members meeting.
Meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month in the Bayer Conference Room of the Student Center.
Membership is free and open to anyone supporting the HEAC’s endeavors.
Lee College Liaison