Notes – Lee College
July 11, 2016
Steve Evans, Karen Seratt, Jr. Velez, Karen Guthmiller, , Mark Jaime, Marti Covington, Harry Pang, John Elliott, Scott Bennett, Tom Sandoval,
Mike Spletter, Daniel Christie, Troy Oehler, Rosetta Mourer, Leslie Gallagher, Delma Garcia, Sam Ortellono
STEVE EVANS REPORT/ All items are still awaiting cabinet discussion.
Follow-up: Fire Marshall Designations for each building have been made. Instructions and more information will be forth coming.
Follow-up: We need a process for evacuation for all buildings. – This item will be taken to the cabinet for input. There needs to be a primary and secondary option. This item is still pending for cabinet review
ITEMS OF ACTION/QUESTIONS
- Fire drill plan for the fall and spring semester for 3 years: science building every year
-2016-2017 Plan approved by committee.
- Parking lot lights and camera update
-As per meeting 7/11/2016 the lighting will be part of phase 3 and the cameras will be the next phase.
- Status of spiral emergency booklets-
- Susan Smedley is currently working and will come up with an abbreviated version for distribution for employees on PDD./ Still need one for students; possibly an app?
- Captain Velez came up with list to follow in case of need of evacuation.
- Sidewalk assessment
-RFP will be going out shortly.
- Faculty parking assessment-Due to construction; this is still in the works.
- Active Shooter drill schedule
-Captain Velez to put together tentative dates. As of right now, Harris County has denied us radio service.
- TASB-Safety Management Training
-Awaiting TASB; Mark Jaime to get Chuck Kennedys contact number.
- John Elliott to assist Susan Smedley in developing a more user friendly map for distribution by this coming Tuesday.
COMMITTEE REPORTS/ INPUT
Scott Bennett- We need to look into the safety of the information desk as we had an employee that was grabbed by a student.
Harry Pang- There are several doors on campus that cannot be locked from the inside.
Approved Fire Drill Schedule
Semester Location Possible Week of Drill
Fall 16 TV 1 & Science October 24-28
Spring 17 Rundell March 27-30
Fall 17 TV 8 & Science October 23-26
Spring 18 Bonner March 26-29
Fall 18 McNulty-Haddick October 22-25
Spring 19 Advance Technology Center March 25-28
Note: McNair Center needs to also have a schedule.
Note: Do we need Liberty to have a schedule?