Campus SaVE Minutes — 5/31/2016

Campus SaVE Advisory Committee
May 31, 2016 / Minutes

Members Present:

Co-Chair: Dr. Rosemary Coffman, Associate Dean/ Student Affairs
Co-Chair, Amanda Summers, Human Resources Director
Howard Bushart, Faculty (applied science)
Jessica Bellant, Education & Prevention Manager, The Bridge
Mike Spletter, Student Activities Director
Zane Moseley, Student Activities
Dr. Laura Lane-Worley, Faculty (academic)
K-Leigh Villanueva, Disability Services Counselor
Jessica Thompson Falla, Advisor
Rosetta Mouer, Payroll Specialist (staff representative)
Amanda Stevenson, Benefits Specialist

Absent:

Marti Covington, Marketing and Public Affairs
Ruth Francis, Student (Phoenix: Women Rising)
Dr. Donnetta Suchon, VP Student Affairs
Quintten Hawkins, Student (REAL organization)
Olivia Rivers, Advocacy and Education Director, The Bridge
J.R. Velez, Security Captain
Leigh Garcia, Math/Science Division Secretary
Susan Smedley, Public Relations Director
Micah Craft, Student (Phoenix: Women Rising)

Review of Minutes from May 4

Approved as written.

Update on Online Reporting Software – We are still waiting for final approval from the President’s office in the purchase of the online reporting software.

Video Project – There will be a meeting this Friday for those interested in the video project. For more information, contact Laura.

Branding – With the help of Susan, the first poster with the “Know More” campaign was available for committee members to take back to their area. More copies can be picked up from Rosemary and we can order more as needed.

There is a need for flyers and/or a quick reference guide for faculty and staff with information about Campus SaVE. Laura will look at tweaking the handouts that are given to students to create the document(s). We also discussed having a more detailed list of references. The Know More logo also needs to be added to the handouts given out at the New Student Orientation.

We are wanting to order and have available some giveaways with the logo and information on who to contact. Suggestions included key chains, magnets, chip clips, mouse pads. Rosemary will find out how to order and get information back out to the group.

Professional Development Day – The Professional Development Day will be an avenue to launch the Know More campaign to faculty and staff. We need to get with DeDe Griffith to make sure we have the opportunity to present to the campus. Several Activities were suggested.

  • Jessica (TBOTW) will help with a table at lunch, similar to what we had at the spring professional development day. We hope to have some flyers and giveaways for staff to pick up. Committee members will also be present at the table.
  • We will be working with College Relations to video a skit or vignette that would showcase how an employee may respond to a student who is needing to report sexual misconduct. We would do one scenario that outlines how NOT to respond and a second one with the appropriate response to students. Rosemary will work with Jessica F. (with some input from others on the committee) to put this together. With talking points, the goal is to have about a 15 minute presentation.

Sexual Misconduct Subcommittee – Rosemary and Amanda are working on finalizing the list of individuals to serve on the subcommittee that will be directly involved with the investigation of sexual misconduct complaints. They will be setting up training with the group.

Other Information

  • We would like to have a presence for the Fall Kick Off on August 24 (main campus) and August 25 (McNair). Jessica (TBOTW) is available to have a booth at days. Rosemary will be available for the McNair event and we will be getting volunteers from the committee to be with her for the campus event.
  • We will be offering the Healthy Relationships workshops again in the fall. The session will be on the workshop calendar for six different dates.
  • The summer psycho-educational prevention groups are scheduled to start in June.
  • We will look to change the web link from Campus SaVE to kNOw More – Sexual Violence to showcase the logo and so that students have a better idea of the purpose of the link.

Next Meeting – Our next meeting will be July 7, 3 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted,
Rosemary Coffman, Associate Dean/ Student Affairs
Amanda Summers, Director, Human Resources