Information about the Fund
- The Student Relief Fund assists Lee College students by providing financial support to students currently enrolled in at least 6 hours who have suffered losses due to Hurricane Harvey. These funds are not intended to replace insurance coverage or FEMA funds for which you may be eligible. This is a one-time allocation. This funding does not have to be repaid.
2. EXPENSES COVERED BY THE RELIEF FUND
(Below is a non-exhaustive list of expenses covered by the relief fund.)
- Books and other essential academic expenses.
- Temporary housing, food or other accommodations.
- Replacement of essential personal belongings lost because of the storm.
- Medications and other costs related to medical care and safety needs.
3. EXPENSES NOT COVERED BY THE RELIEF FUND
- Non-essential utilities (e.g., cable T.V.), household or furniture costs not related to damage or loss.
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel, or other non-essential expenses.
4. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from Hurricane Harvey’s impact.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in at least 6 hours at Lee College.
- Applicants must complete all questions in full.
- Applicants already receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid office prior to filling out this form, to ensure there are no other remedies to their situation.
5. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Students who need relief assistance may submit an application online. The applications will be reviewed and the appropriate funding amount determined. Requests will be reviewed and responded to within 5 business days from the date the application is received by Resource Development. Applicants may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss their application. For information on the application process, applicants should contact Kerri in the Foundation office at 281.425.6239 or email@example.com.
- The number of applicants who can be served by the Harvey Relief Fund is subject to the funds available. The funds must be sustained by contributions from alumni, generous community philanthropists, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Lee College.
- To contribute to the Student Relief Fund, please go to http://www.lee.edu/foundation/donate/harvey-relief/.