To be eligible for a Student Assistant position, you must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours during the fall or spring semesters and 3 or more credit hours during the summer semesters.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or alien in compliance with the Immigration and Control Act of 1986.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a Social Security Card.
Rules and Regulations for Student Assistants:
- Not allowed to work during scheduled classes.
- Not allowed to work when classes are not in session. For example, breaks between semesters, Christmas Break, Spring Break, etc.
- Expected to report to work on time and maintain regular attendance.
- Can not work in the same area as an immediate family member or in an area where an immediate family member may be in a supervisory capacity.
- If at any time during the semester a student drops or withdraws from a class and does not meet the required credit hours, he or she is no longer eligible to work as a Student Assistant.
- Can work on-campus for the equivalent of 6 full semesters (Fall and Spring), Summer semesters are not counted. The Dean of Student Services may grant exceptions.
- Persons who have worked for the college in any capacity other than Student Assistant or Work Study must obtain the approval of the Dean of Financial Services to apply for a Student Assistant position.
- Expected to remain on the same job throughout their term of eligibility. Anyone wishing to leave their position must notify their supervisor.