A. Lee College Mission Statement
The primary purpose of Lee College is to provide quality instruction for its students. Through a variety of programs and services, Lee College prepares students for success in higher education or employment. Lee College also provides a broad-based program of extension courses, adult education, community education, and community service.
B. Lee College Vision Statement
Lee College provides learning opportunities and experiences to allow each student to excel in an ever-changing environment.
C. Lee College Statement of Philosophy
Lee College is committed to the personal and cultural growth of students and to the enrichment of the community. Through instruction at a competitive price, Lee College seeks to create an atmosphere in which students may develop their career potential, leadership qualities, intellects, talents, and skills. Likewise, Lee College provides an environment in which its students, faculty, staff, and administrators can participate in college governance. The College is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits along with a full range of professional development activities for faculty and staff.
D. Statement of Ethics
It is the policy of the College District to apply the highest ethical standards to all members of the College community including the Board of Regents, administration, staff, and faculty in achieving its mission and in managing its resources efficiently and effectively to reach its goals and objectives. The College District shall include a code of ethics for Board members, administration, staff, and faculty in its Policy Manual.
E. Code of Ethics for College Employees
The College District seeks to treat each person of the College community as a unique individual and provide a positive, encouraging, and success-oriented environment. College District policies and practices that protect the rights and development of each individual in the College community shall be enforced. Protection from unlawful discrimination, including conduct that constitutes sexual harassment and freedom to develop as a student and/or College employee shall be promoted.
The College District accepts its responsibilities to its students, to its employees, and to the members of the community. The College District is committed to meet these responsibilities with balance, fairness, accountability, and ethical integrity.
F. Lee College Goals:
- We will identify, develop, and implement measures of academic excellence and institutional effectiveness, and evaluate the progress of the institution’s achievement of its goals and strategic objectives.
- We will review proposed instructional programs, continue evaluating and revitalizing existing curricula and instructional programs, and provide for lifelong learning and vocational interests.
- We will improve the College’s linkage with businesses, industries, and other educational institutions, including high schools, colleges, and universities, to facilitate movement into the job market, within the job market, and/or transfers to this and other institutions.
- We will continue expanding the college’s commitment to the economic development of the region by expanding training partnerships with businesses and industries and by providing opportunities for workers to upgrade their skills.
- We will improve the recruitment, retention, and achievement of all students, particularly physically and economically disadvantaged students, and high-risk students.
- We will maintain our commitment to educational excellence through intensive efforts to recruit and retain an outstanding faculty and staff.
- We will maintain a safe and inviting physical environment.
- We will provide a cost-effective utilization of human, physical, and fiscal resources.
- We will support community service through a variety of activities.
Lee College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.