The Office of Institutional Research, Effectiveness & Planning (IRE) provides information and analysis that supports the decision-making process, complies with reporting requirements of external agencies, and responds to ad hoc requests for information.
The Institutional Research office has access to and is responsible for reporting from PeopleSoft databases (i.e., Student Administration; Human Resources; Financials, etc.), and provides consultation and analytical support for several other recurring projects such as IPEDS coordination, AtD, CCSSE and SENSE, NCCBP, SACS, TACC, retention and graduation rate studies, surveys, enrollment projections, financial aid models and fiscal benchmarking studies.
- Provide the College with information that supports institutional strategic planning and decision-making.
- Provide internal and external environmental scanning and projecting future trends and needs in support of institutional planning.
- Produce descriptive profiles of students and other institutional performance data.
- Develop and disseminate benchmarks for the college and units within the college.
- Develop assessment processes for institutional effectiveness studies.
- Plan, conduct, analyze and disseminate the results of analytical studies including campus climate, student engagement, and student satisfaction.
- Provide information and expertise in the areas of institutional assessment, academic program review, and strategic planning.
- Serve as a resource for re-accreditation self-studies.
- Provide analytical and consulting services to college committees and departments on as as-needed basis for college surveys.
Lee College has received written permission to incorporate the work of the Lone Star College System to create its IRB materials.