With a Persuasive paper or speech you need to research both sides of your argument. Be sure to THINK CRITICALLY while doing research…
- To be fair
- To truly think critically about the topic
- To gain understanding of the opposing side
- To effectively respond to the opposing side
- To increase your “cred” with opponents (and your instructor!)
- To be sure that you really know what you believe and why!
Need help getting started?
- Pick a topic. Help picking a topic
- Brainstorm keywords – take time to really think about your topic and what keywords would you the most relevant results. Think about synonyms for your keywords.
- Use the Library Catalog – click here for help with using the Lee College Library Catalog
- Need more help? Check out this tutorial.
From off campus, you need your myLC information.