Finding Short Story Resources in the Library
Most short stories are found in an anthology or collection of works
- an anthology is a book or other collection of selected writings by various writers usually in the same literary form, of the same period, or on the same subject. e.g. a book of short stories by various authors selected from several books by many authors.
- a collection is a book of selected writings from various books by an author of the same theme or various themes. e.g. a book of selected short stories from various books by the same author.
Search in the library catalog by author, for example search for “faulkner, william” (without the quotation marks)
- use the left-hand toolbar titled “Narrow your search”
- under Subjects look for “criticism and interpretation”
Reference Universe searches the indexes and tables of contents of some of the books in the Reference Collection
- Click on the “Articles & eResources” link, use the alphabetical list of databases titles, click on “R.” From there select “Reference Universe”
- Click on the title of the work to find the call number
- Click on “view index entries” to see where the information is located in the reference material