Featured videos from
Focus on Hispanic Heritage Month
- Facts for Features: Hispanic Heritage Month 2012: Sept. 15 — Oct. 15
- An interesting and informative fact sheet put together by the U.S. Census Bureau that draws upon census data to highlight new and changing demographics. Detailing a range of subject areas, including military service, education, language, business, and state by state statistics, this is an excellent resource for learning more about the flourishing Hispanic American community. Did you know 12.8% of all U.S. residents over the age of 5 spoke Spanish at home?
- In Your Library: Hispanic Studies
- Browse the library’s collection of materials about Hispanic culture, like the Encyclopedia Latina, as well as works by Hispanic authors, like Cool Salsa: Bilingual poems about growing up Latino in the United States. The library has over 300 resources about Hispanics and by Hispanics in its collection.
- Hispanic Heritage Cultural Tour
- Put together by the Smithsonian Institution, this website features an interactive, multimedia tour experience through Hispanic history and culture. The tour includes 12 objects from the Smithsonian’s collection that highlight different aspects of Latino life as well a timeline, quizzes, activities, and additional resources.
- Fuente Academica
- Fuente Academica contains scholarly articles from locations like Latin America, Portugal, and Spain. Drawing from over 450 publications from 18 different countries, this database covers a wide range of subjects, including science, education, psychology, economics, and health and medicine. Providing access to the full text of articles, Fuente Academica is a comprehensive research resource.