The TexShare Card allows you to directly borrow books and other library materials that are available at libraries throughout Texas.
To be eligible for the TexShare Card Program, you must:
- be a user in good standing at the Lee College library. The TexShare card is a privilege reserved for those who use library services in a responsible manner;
- present valid Lee College ID along with the TexShare Card in order to borrow materials from participating TexShare libraries;
- return materials
- on time;
- to the library from which they were borrowed, not to the Lee College Library;
- in person or by other methods outlined in the librarys lending policy;
- be responsible for any charges for late, damaged, or lost materials. Any unpaid TexShare fees may be transferred to your Lee College record, which may block registration, release of transcripts, etc.
Lending policies are made by the individual participating libraries. Because of this, lending policies may vary from library to library. Be sure to check the lending policies for the library you wish to use.
TexShare cards issued to students are valid for the current semester only and privileges are not transferable.
How you can participate:
To take advantage of the TexShare Card program, if you are in good standing with your home library, follow these simple steps:
- Register for and receive a TexShare card from the Lee College Library Circulation Desk.
- Consult the TexShare web site to search for participating libraries and their lending policies.
- Present your TexShare card and your Lee College ID card at the participating librarys Circulation Desk to activate your privileges there. You will be required to show a photo ID
- Check out the books or other materials. It is your responsibility to take care of your borrowed materials and return them on time.