Lee College is thankful for your patience and flexibility during the past month. We are resuming the Spring 2020 ‘paused’ classes effective Monday, May 18, through Friday, June 12. Hands-on courses resuming instruction include those courses taught at Main campus in Baytown, the McNair Center, and the Lee College Education Center at South Liberty County. Please be sure to check your myLC email and Blackboard to communicate with your instructor to verify the days/times/location of your class.
Safety is our top priority at Lee College, especially as we resume hands-on lab instruction. For your safety, and the safety of others, please be sure to follow these guidelines:
- All students should arrive to class with their face covered. Face coverings can be masks, bandanas, scarves, or any other similar type cloth that can be used to cover the face.
- Here are some ideas: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
- All students must practice good hand-washing hygiene, and are encouraged to wash/sanitize hands before and after every class period.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes will be provided to scheduled classrooms.
- All students, faculty, and staff must practice social distancing, per CDC guidelines, by remaining at least six feet apart at all times.
- Upon arrival, and where appropriate, specialized tools or equipment should be sanitized with a sanitization wipe or a mild soap bath.
- Water fountains will not be available. If students bring their own bottled water, the containers must be kept on or near their person or work station. Bottles should not be stored together in a closed location, nor should they be shared.
- Gathering in public spaces, such as break rooms, lounges, or hallways, is prohibited.
- If you need help to complete your studies, please let us know. Lee Cares: http://www.lee.edu/coronavirus/lee-cares/
- For general information on the Lee College response to COVID-19, please visit: http://www.lee.edu/coronavirus/
For general CDC prevention guidelines, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Thank you for being part of the Lee College community. We look forward to seeing you the week of May 18.
Dr, Veronique Tran
Vice President of Instruction, Lee College
List of Courses Resuming Hands-on Instruction Week of May 18:
|CETT||1307||Fundamentals of Electronics|
|ELPT||1315||Electrical Calculations I|
|ELPT||1411||Basic Electrical Theory|
|ELPT||2319||Program. Logic Controllers I|
|ELPT||2405||Motors and Transformers|
|HYDR||1345||Hydraulics and Pneumatics|
|IEIR||1302||Introduction to Direct Current|
|INTC||1425||Inst. Hardware Installation I|
|INTC||1441||Principles of Automatic Contro|
|INTC||1443||App:Industrial Automatic Contr|
|INTC||2359||Distributed Control Systems|
|INTC||2371||Physical Properties Analyzers|
|INTC||2450||Fieldbus Process Control Sys.|
|MCHN||1302||Print Reading For Mach Trades|
|MCHN||1391||ST: Machinist/Machine Technolo|
|NDTE||1401||Film Interpretation of Weldmen|
|NDTE||2411||Prep Cert Weld. Insp. Exam|
|PFPB||1305||Basic Blueprint Read for Pipef|
|PFPB||2310||Intermediate Blueprint Reading|
|PFPB||2343||Advanced Pipe Practices|
|PFPB||2407||Pipe Fab.and Installation I|
|PFPB||2441||Pipe Fab.and Installation II|
|PFPB||2449||Field Measure, Sketch,& Layout|
|PTAC||1332||Process Instrumentation I|
|PTAC||1410||Process Technology I-Equipment|
|PTAC||2420||Process Technology II-Systems|
|PTAC||2438||Process Tech. III Operations|
|RBTC||1301||Programmable Logic Controllers|
|WLDG||1312||Introduction to Flux Cored Arc|
|WLDG||1313||Introduction to Blueprint Read|
|WLDG||1323||Welding Safety, Tools & Equipment|
|WLDG||1337||Intro. to Welding Metallurgy|
|WLDG||1428||Intro.Shielded Metal Arc Weld|
|WLDG||1434||Intro.Gas Tungsten Arc Welding|
|WLDG||1435||Introduction to Pipe Welding|
|WLDG||2443||Adv.Shielded Metal Arc Welding|
|WLDG||2451||Adv.Gas Tungsten Arc Welding|
|WLDG||2453||Advanced Pipe Welding|