1. Where will my clinicals be?
Most clinicals are in Baytown or East Houston. Clinicals will require your own transportation.
2. What time do clinicals begin?
Clinicals begin 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
3. What can I do to improve my chances of success in the program?
Faculty recommends that you take RNSG 1301 (Pharmacology) if possible. This will provide you with experience in answering application-style questions and will exempt you from VNSG 1331 (Pharmacology), which will give you extra time to concentrate on your core VNSG courses.
4. I was arrested when I was a teen, but my record was supposed to be expunged. Do I need to file a declaratory order?
The rule of thumb is that if you were ever arrested and fingerprinted, you should file a declaratory order. If you have any questions, you should go to the Texas Board of Nursing website, www.bne.state.tx.us.
5. What type of uniform will I need? Will I need any special vaccines?
You will receive all this information once you are accepted into the program.