Engineering is a broad field, encompassing a wide variety of skills and occupations. There are chemical engineers, civil engineers, electronics and electrical engineers, systems engineers, computer hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, and many others.
Associate degree: Completion of the degree program usually requires at least 2 years of full-time equivalent academic work. (Source: Texas Workforce Commission)
|DESCRIPTION||2013 JOBS||2016 JOBS (PROJECTED)*||MEDIAN HOURLY WAGES||LOW HOURLY WAGES||HIGH HOURLY WAGES|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||3,766||3,796||$23.92||$16.83||$38.01|
|Electrical and Electronics Drafters||1,467||1,500||$26.97||$18.23||$49.60|
*Jobs for recently announced petrochemical projects not yet included.
Source: QCEW (Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages) Employees, Non-QCEW Employees, Self-Employed & Extended Proprietors - EMSI 2013.2 Class of Worker. Job and wage information drawn from counties touching a 100-mile radius of Baytown, Texas.
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
- Associate of Applied Science, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design - DT2
- Associate of Applied Science, Process Piping Design - PPD2
- Certificate of Completion, Architectural Construction and Building Technology - CMT1
- Certificate of Completion, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design - TP1
- Certificate of Completion, Computer-Aided Drafting and Design, Advanced Technology - DS1
- Certificate of Completion, Mechanical Technology - MET1
- Certificate of Completion, Process Instrumentation and Electrical Design - PIED1
- Certificate of Completion, Process Piping Design - PPD1