In the event a hurricane or flood threatens the region, the president will monitor the situation and decide whether or not to close the campus. Should the determination be made to close the campus, employees should do the following before leaving:
- All electrical equipment should be unplugged. Unplug computer and computer-related equipment; typewriters, calculators, etc. (Power surges and outages such as those expected will render computer equipment useless and can damage disk drives and memory boards.)
- Where feasible, move computers and electronic equipment away from windows or outside doors, and away from areas that have leaked in the past. It is a given that we will have roof leaks during a storm of this nature.
- Instructors with items outside should secure them or relocate them inside buildings. Loose items such as lawn furniture and tennis court screens will be put away by the maintenance staff.
- Make sure windows are locked securely. If you have one that will not lock, advise Director of Physical Plant at extension #6489 or 6490 as soon as possible.
- Listen to local radio and TV stations. Refer to Temporary Closings section of this handbook.