General Medical Problems (Injuries)
In the event an employee or student has a medical problem or injury, try to determine the extent of the problem. If an ambulance is needed, first call 9.911, then call Security Services at extension 6888, or pick up a red emergency phone and report the situation and location. If the situation is life threatening, proceed as follows:
(Drowning, heart attack, heat stroke, sexual assault/assault)
- Assess and insure scene safety. Do not endanger your life to help another! It only makes things worse.
- Assist the victim(s) according to their needs and your capabilities.
- Call or have someone call 911. From a campus phone, dial 9.911. Be prepared to report the nature and location of the emergency, the number of victims and apparent condition of the victim(s), and a call back number. You may also be asked to have someone meet the emergency responders at a mutually agreed location to guide them in.
- Alert campus security by calling extension 6888 or 9.281.425.6888.
- For crisis intervention, call the Lee College Counseling Center
First aid kits are located in:
- All Security Services Vehicles
- Moler Hall
- Admissions & Records
- Athletics Office
- John Britt Hall
- College Relations Department
- Technical Vocational Buildings
- All Labs
- Student Center
- Security Office, Room 102
- McNulty-Haddick Building
- Allied Health Division Office
- Science Building
- All Labs
Red emergency telephones are located in the hallways of most campus buildings. These telephones are direct lines to the campus Security Services officer(s). Simply pick up the phone, wait for an answer, and describe the nature of the emergency.
The Lee College Counseling Center, 281.425.6384, provides support, encourages action, and makes referrals to the Bay Area Women’s Center for crisis intervention.