- Report the power outage immediately to the maintenance department.
- Turn off all electrical equipment and appliances (leave lights on).
- Turn off and/or secure all experiments in labs.
- Do not try to correct the power outage or turn any equipment back on until authorized.
- Check elevators, washrooms, stairways or dark rooms for stranded individuals.
- Stay out of the area and evacuate if necessary. Use verbal communication to notify others of a leak.
- Report any suspected leaks to the maintenance department.
- Leave electrical devices alone. Do not switch on or off lights. Do not use elevators.
- Never light a match or lighter.
- If time permits, move essential items and belongings. Do not handle live electrical equipment.
- Notify maintenance of the exact location of the flood/leak.
- Alert the occupants on floors below about the potential flooding of their area.
- If necessary, evacuate the building.