The Testing Center assists students, faculty and the community by providing:
- Appropriate college entrance testing that meets Texas Success Initiative requirements for TSI and certificate placement needs.
- Testing services to faculty by allowing their students to take make-up tests or testing for individualized classes.
- Testing services that meet the needs of the community by offering the GED®, SAT®, ACT, Pearson VUE, proctored exams, distance education testing, and Accuplacer testing for the Center for Workforce and Community Development students.
Appointments and Hours
Students should call 281.425.6262 or come to the Testing Center to schedule an appointment or receive information about registration for a particular test in advance. For college placement testing, students must talk with a counselor or advisor for advisement before scheduling an appointment. The Counseling Center phone number is 281.425.6384 for advising information.
The Lee College Testing Center is located in Rundell Hall, Room 211 (second floor).
The Testing Center offers a variety of tests to meet the needs of both the college and the community. We provide the following testing services:
- TSI Assessment: State-approved test to assess reading, writing, and math skills required by the Texas Success Initiative (TSI).
- Accuplacer for certain certificate programs: Computer-based test used for certain certificate program (42 semester credit hours or less) to measure reading skills.
- Instructor (Individualized Classes and Make-up Testing): With instructor permission, students may use the Testing Center as a site for make-up exams or for exams for individualized testing. Students and faculty are encouraged to be familiar with the Guidelines for Testing.
- VCT, Distance Education, and Online Courses: In order to provide each student with the opportunity to complete their education, Lee College offers distance learning courses and is a part of a network of Texas community colleges offering online classes. These students are allowed to take their tests in the Testing Center.
- Proctor Services: The Testing Center offers proctor services for students attending other institutions. There is a $15 proctor fee per exam to be paid prior to testing. Specific questions regarding these services should contact the Testing Center directly at 281.425.6262 or 281.425.6842.
- The General Educational Development (GED®) Test: The new 2014 GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The four subjects are science, social studies, mathematical reasoning, and reasoning through language arts. After you pass the GED® test, your diploma or credential will be issued by your state but you’ll receive a GED® transcript to apply to college, start training, or get a better job.
- The ACT and SAT: The ACT and SAT tests are offered periodically throughout the fall and spring semesters with preregistration required.
- Pearson VUE: Lee College is now a Pearson VUE-Authorized Test Center. For a complete list of tests and to register, go to http://www.pearsonvue.com/programs/.
- Students with Disabilities requiring additional test time or specialized testing may test in the Testing Center. For this accommodation, students should first contact Disability Services.