Administered by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), College Credit for Heroes is a workforce development initiative designed to recognize the exceptional knowledge and skills gained by veterans and service members, award these individuals college credits for their military experience, and accelerate degree, workforce certificate, and licensing programs, allowing them to more easily re-enter the workforce.
About College Credit for Heroes
Lee College collaborated with the Texas Workforce Commission to help veterans leaving the Armed Forces move as quickly as possible into meaningful jobs. College Credit for Heroes grant allow the college to evaluate a veteran’s (or currently enlisted servicemen or -women) military training and experience and apply it appropriately toward college credits leading to a two-year associate degree.
The College Credit for Heroes program allows participants to receive maximum college credit for demonstrated skills and competencies developed in military education settings, and/or the individual’s Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) with Lee College and/or Texas Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) schools.
If you serve or have served in the military and received logistic training, you could receive credit for that training toward a degree or certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Lee College.
Logisticians plan, direct, or coordinate transportation, storage, or distribution activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations. Those trained in logistics occupy several different kinds of careers, including transportation managers, storage and distribution managers, postmasters and mail superintendents, logisticians, industrial engineers, first-line supervisors of production and operating workers, transportation managers, and storage and distribution managers.
Salaries for these employees are in the range of $17/hour to $76/hour, with the median salary near $55/hour.
New National Certification Program
Manufacturing Skills Standard Council (MSSC) Certifications
Certified Production Technician (CPT)The CPT Certification addresses the core technical competencies of higher skilled production workers in all sectors of manufacturing. MSSC awards certificates to individuals who pass any or all four Production Modules (Safety, Quality Practices & Measurement, Manufacturing
Processes & Production, and Maintenance Awareness). The program has been accredited by ANSI under ISQ 17024.
Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
The purpose of the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) program is to recognize through certification individuals who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of material handling at the front-line (entry-level through front-line supervisor) through successful completion of the certification assessments. This program is developed according to industry standards and is being offered in association with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) certifying body.
- Veterans may be eligible to attend at no charge courtesy of the College Credit for Heroes grant
- To accommodate non-traditional working students, the course is offered as a hybrid with classes available online and with instructional support provided one evening a week.
- Students who complete the program and obtain both the CLA and the CLT credentials may be eligible to receive three (3) college credits toward completion of Lee College’s new Logistics AAS Degree.
- Pre-Requisites: Attendance at an information session or appointment with Program Advisor Note: Must hold CLA certification to sit for CLT exam.
For more information, call 281.425.6311 or e-mail email@example.com.
How to Get Started
Go to https://www.collegecreditforheroes.org and register for a College Credit for Heroes account.
- Request that your military transcript such as your AARTS (Army), SMART (Navy or Marine Corps) or CCAF (Air Force) to be sent to Lee College.
- Meet the Veterans Center to apply for benefits and certification.
- Talk with the Veterans Center advisor at Lee College to discuss your educational goals. The advisor will review what credits will be accepted toward the Logistics and Supply Chain Management program.
- Contact the Lee College Veterans Center to participate in the College Credit for Heroes program.
To contact the Lee College Veterans Center, call Ehab Mustafa at 832.556.4300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.