New/transfer veteran students: Follow these steps to get started
To request your VA education benefits, you must first determine your chapter.
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty: Chapter 30
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP): Chapter 32
- The Post 9-11 GI Bill: Chapter 33
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA): Chapter 35
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve: Chapter 1606
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) – Chapter 1607
Detailed information about these benefits is available online at www.gibill.va.gov. Questions? Call 1.888.GI.Bill.1.
Apply for VA education benefits. Applying online is the fastest; however, paper applications are available.
- A veteran (Ch. 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) who has never applied for GI Bill benefits before will need VA Form 22-1990 or online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- A veteran (Ch. 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) who has received GI Bill benefits before and is transferring to our school needs will need VA form 22-1995.
- A dependent (Ch. 35) who has never applied for GI Bill Benefits before will need VA form: 22-5490 or online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- A dependent (Ch. 35) who has received GI Bill benefits before and is transferring to Lee College will need VA form 22-5495.
Paper applications (1990 & 5490) can be requested by calling 1.888.GIBILL.1 (1.888.442.4551).
- Request a copy of your military transcript.
Army (AARTS transcript) https://jst.doded.mil/smart/registration.do
Air Force (Community College of the Air Force) http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp
Coast Guard https://jst.doded.mil/smart/registration.do
Navy (SMART transcript) https://jst.doded.mil/smart/registration.do
Marines (SMART transcript) https://jst.doded.mil/smart/registration.do
- Request a copy of your DD-214 Member-4, if you do not have one available, at:
For All Students Using VA Educational Benefits:
- Request copies of transcripts from all colleges and/or universities previously attended.
*Determine which steps need to be taken to complete registration.
- Degree Planning
- Registration Information
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.