Wow, I cant believe it is February 2018! What happened to December 2017 and January 2018! I apologize that I was unable to write any posts for the Directors Blog. We had so many great events those months and many more awesome events coming up. Today will be a short recap of past and future events. I will use the upcoming weeks to write about the past events and future events.
Even though in December Lee College was only open till Dec. 19 because of Winter Break, many exciting and educational events took place at Weekend College.
- Dec. 1: Weekend College took a field trip to University of Texas M.D. Anderson Center for Health Professions Open House.
- Dec. 8: We received notification that Weekend College was a Bellwether College Consortium finalist. Go, us!
- Dec. 9: We prepared for the upcoming finals and celebrated the upcoming holiday season with Weekend Colleges Holiday Learning and Fun Celebration.
Just like the fall semester, spring semester started with energy and weird weather. However, the Weekend College staff and students were ready to tackle school and anything else the weather would throw at them.
- Jan. 6: Weekend Colleges spring semester meet and greet for students, faculty, and staff.
- Jan. 20: FAFSA session with our own Sharon Guillory to help students get financial aid.
- Jan. 25 & 26: Cohort Two applies for graduation with Jessicas support and encouragement.
- Jan. 29: Jessica, Kathryn, and I presented about Weekend Colleges awesomeness and our students many achievements to a national audience at the Bellwether College Consortium Futures Assembly.
Like December and January, Weekend College staff has worked hard to connect with resources to help our students.
- Feb. 2: A second FAFSA session with Sharon.
- Feb. 9: For students interested in nursing, a trip to UTMB.
- Feb. 10: We have a representative from University of Houston – Downtown to speak about UHD as a transfer option to our students. This event is available to all Lee students.
- Feb. 10: With the partnership of HSI and Title V grants here at Lee College, students have the opportunity to tour University of Houston – Clear Lake during their open house.
- Feb. 11: The Cohort Two Management, Computer and Welding Students are having a field trip to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
- Feb. 16: Another trip for students interested in nursing, but this one is to Lamar.
- Feb. 23: Jessica is hosting a pre-nursing transfer workshop. Find the best R.N. program for you!
- Feb. 24: Jessica will also host a transfer workshop for AA and AAS students. It will cover which programs are available and how to maximize your time here at Lee.
WOW! Thats a lot of events. Please come to one and all. OK, only the ones that pertain to you and that will help you reach your personal, professional, and academic goals. Also, if there are future events you want to see, please come talk to one of us. Keep up the great work!