ONE-ON-ONE ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
The Lee College EOC can assist you remotely through free Zoom services.
The Lee College Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) continues to help students ONE-ON-ONE with all of your get-into-college needs, including:
- Completing a FAFSA
- Completing a college application
- FAFSA verifications
- FAFSA corrections
- Checking status of your financial aid
- Assisting with scholarship applications
- Anjelica Barragan – Office Mgr. Secretary
- Luis Rios – Office Assistant
- Shirley Dixon, M.Ed. – Education Specialist
- Vicki Haberman, M.A. – Education Specialist
- Linda Lott-Owens, M.S. – Education Specialist
- Dr. James Todd, Ph.D. – Director
Lee College EOC began servicing adults in East Harris, Chambers, and Liberty counties in 2002. EOC has a history of serving more than 1,200-1,500 participants annually.
GOALS: EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER PROGRAM
- Provide counseling and information on college admissions to qualified persons who want to enter or continue a program of post-secondary education.
- Provide services to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants.
- Counsel participants on financial aid options, including basic financial planning skills.
- Assist in the entire financial aid application process.
- Increase the number of participants who enroll in post-secondary education institutions.
WHAT WE DO? INCLUDES REMOTE (IN-PERSON ONE-ON-ONE) SERVICES
- Financial Aid
- Financial Literacy
- Student Financial Assistance
- College Admissions Applications
- Personal Counseling
- Academic Advice
- GED Referrals
- Underrepresentation in Post-Secondary Education
- First Generation College Student
- Limited English Proficient
- Veterans and Active Duty Spouse & Children
- Homeless Children and Youth
- Foster Care or Aging out of Foster Care
- Low or No Income
WHAT CAN WE ASSIST YOU WITH?
We want to establish a partnership with you. Upon completion of our EOC application, we can assist you with the following:
- A college application at the college(s) of your choice
- Complete the required FAFSA document
- A student loan application
- Decisions about a college major
- How to apply for scholarships
- Resources available on college campuses
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US?
- To give the quality one-on-one assistance we provide each student
- Assist student immediately who wants to attend any college
- Provide special follow up with student until first-time college entry.
- If needed, available to assist student UNTIL completion of the college degree.