- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The application is available in January of each year. This application can be found online at FAFSA.ed.gov. Paper applications are available at the financial aid office, high school guidance counseling offices and local libraries. Include Lee College (school code 003583) on your school choice list. Lee College hosts Internet sessions in which students can key the FAFSA in online. These sessions are manned by a Financial Aid staff member. Check the schedule under the “News” heading on this page. (If no “News” heading exists in the sidebar, no upcoming sessions have yet been scheduled.)
- Submit all documents requested by Lee College. Documents are requested based on your responses on the FAFSA. The Department of Education holds the school responsible for meeting income and household size verification (verification worksheets, W-2s and 1040s) requirements for selected applicants as well as other database information. A required document list will be posted to your “To-Do” list on myLC Campus.
- Once you receive your award letter, return the enclosed acknowledgement form to the Financial Aid Office. You will also be able to see your awards on myLC Campus under financial services menus.
- Submit the Lee College Foundation Scholarship form by the deadline on the application.
General Eligibility Requirements:
To qualify for financial aid at Lee College, applicants must:
- Be accepted for admission or be enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Not be in default on any loan.
- Not owe a refund on a loan, grant or scholarship.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Notify the financial aid office of any other colleges you are attending the current year.
Funds are posted to a student account immediately after the census date for all students who completed the financial aid process early. The college has a disbursement schedule for all applicants whose aid process is complete after the start of class. Checks for overages are routinely mailed to the student within 2 weeks (14 days) after the aid is posted. The disbursement/refund schedule can be found on the forms page. From the myLC Campus financial aid award page, awarded students may apply to have their refunds released via debit card, direct deposit, or as a check in the mail. These funds will be processed by Higher One, www.LeeOneCard.com.
Fund amounts are posted based on your enrollment status as of the census date or date you were awarded (whichever is later). The following chart will help you determine how much you can expect to be posted to your account.
|Name||Hours requirement||Other Req.|
|Pell Grant||Awards Adjusted based on enrollment:
12+ hours= Full Time = Full award
9-11 hours = 3/4 Time = 3/4 Award
6-8 hours = 1/2 Time = 1/2 Award
<6 hours = < 1/2 Time = Contact FA Office
|FSEOG||Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
At least 6 hours = Full Award
|Stafford Loans||At least 6 hours = Full Award and IN-SCHOOL status for repayment.||See Financial Aid|
|All State aid except Texas Grant||At least 6 hours = Full Award||None|
|Texas Grant/Texas B On Time||At least 9 hours = Full Award for Texas Grant
At least 12 hours = Full Award for Texas B On-Time Loan
|High school diploma requirements|
|CWS||CWS = College Work Study (part-time employment)
< 6 hours = Contact Financial Aid Office
Not all who apply will be employed; only employed students will receive funds.
|1) Complete employment application in SCEO Office; 2) Student must be interviewed and selected by employers; 3) Maximum work hours 19.5 per week|
|Foundation Scholarship||At least 9 hours = Full Award||Scholarship application available in late spring|
|EFC Range||FT||3/4 T||HT||< HT||Summer 2||EFC Range||FT||3/4 T||HT||< HT ID||Summer 2|
|12+ hrs||9-11 hrs||6-8 hrs||<6 hrs||FT (4)||12+ hrs||9-11 hrs||6-8 hrs||<6 hrs||FT (4)|
Whole-year, full-time awards end in 5, so when posting the award, the split for a 0 EFC will be 2823 for fall, 2822 for spring, and so on.