CURRICULUM AND ACADEMIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE BYLAWS
- That membership of the Committee be as follows:
- One counselor elected by the counselors
- One elected representative from the library
- Two members from LCHC
- One member elected from each of the 11 divisions on campus
Ad Hoc members
- SACS liaison
- Dean of Academic Studies
- Dean of Applied Sciences
- Associate Dean of Student Affairs
- Begin terms in even years: H/C Academic; Allied Health; Business Technology; Math, Engineering, Natural and Physical Sciences; Kinesiology and Wellness; Workforce Education; Developmental Education; Process Technology; Nursing
- Begin terms in odd years: H/C Tech-Voc; Social and Behavioral Science; English and Humanities; Technical Studies; Visual and Performing Arts; Computer Technology; Speech Communication, Language and Teacher Education; CAD and Engineering Technology
- At least five days before a CAAC meeting, a faculty member from the sponsoring department requests that the item be placed on the agenda. At that time the committee chair recommends that the sponsoring department submit handouts in advance so they can be passed on to members prior to the meeting.
- Agendas and handouts are sent to all committee members at least 24 hours before the meeting
- At the meeting, a representative from the sponsoring department presents the proposal to the committee and fields questions.
- A motion is made on the proposal. If the motion is to accept, discussion of the proposal between committee members1 ensues.
- When discussion is complete, a vote takes place. Only members of the committee1 may vote.
- When a change is adopted, it is reflected in the minutes of the meeting