Campus SaVE Advisory Committee
April 13, 2016 / Minutes
Co-Chair: Dr. Rosemary Coffman, Associate Dean/ Student Affairs
Co-Chair, Amanda Summers, Human Resources Director
Howard Bushart, Faculty (applied science)
Jessica Bellant, Education & Prevention Manager, The Bridge
Mike Spletter, Student Activities Director
Zane Moseley, Student Activities
Marti Covington, Marketing and Public Affairs
Dr. Laura Lane-Worley, Faculty (academic)
K-Leigh Villanueva, Disability Services Counselor
Jessica Thompson Falla, Advisor
Ruth Francis, Student (Phoenix: Women Rising)
Dr. Donnetta Suchon, VP Student Affairs
Quintten Hawkins, Student (REAL organization)
Olivia Rivers, Advocacy and Education Director, The Bridge
JR Velez, Security Captain
Leigh Garcia, Math/Science Division Secretary
Susan Smedley, Public Relations Director
Rosetta Mouer, Payroll Specialist (staff representative)
Amanda Stevenson, Benefits Specialist
Micah Craft, Student (Phoenix: Women Rising)
Review of Minutes from April 13
Approved as written.
Update on Online Reporting Software
We are still waiting for final approval from the Presidents office in the purchase of the online reporting software.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
We had an average of 20 participants at each of the events for Sexual Assault Awareness month. Overall, it was very successful and appreciation goes out to the Jessica Bellant, Natalie, and Serinthia at the Bridge; the Spike Lee Joint Improv; and others who helped with the programs. Suggestions / comments included:
- There was good participation with the Bystander Education workshop. Using the scenario seemed to engage the audience. Perhaps next time, we need to extend this to 90 minutes to have time for more than one scenario.
- It was suggested that we have one more session for evening students
- We need to make sure we turn on the captioning for any movies that we show.
- Mike received good comments from those that came by the clothesline project. Perhaps we can have a sign in or a book for comments to capture the thoughts of those that came by.
No update at for this meeting.
Marti brought in two examples of posters that were developed by Susan with the kNOw MORE logo. Rosemary will send these out to the committee for comments. In order to help with the primary prevention groups, Jessica will work with Susan to create a poster specifically for students who may want to participate in this project. Rosemary will also get the logo to Daniel Christie to include in the new student orientations.
Responsible Employee Video
The committee watched a 12 minute video from the Clery Center on Responsible Employees. The video includes a pre and post test to measure the participants learning of the content. We discussed who should see the video which is available to any committee member to share within their departments. Other comments:
- At 12 minutes, it may be too long for some groups; hard to keep their attention.
- It would be good to show at the professional development day in the fall.
- We need to be sure that our information is 2 clicks from the homepage so that others can find it.
- Theres a need to have a more firm set of procedures in place.
- We need to have a presence at the May 21st open house event for incoming students and at the Fall Kick-Off for students on August 24th
- Amanda reported that we may have access to a free climate survey for students through a program already being used by HR.
- For those who volunteered for the sexual assault response team, Amanda and Rosemary will be setting up a separate meeting to start talking about training and to finalize the membership of the group.
Our next meeting is scheduled for May 31st at 2:30 p.m.
Dr. Rosemary Coffman
Rosemary Coffman, Associate Dean/ Student Affairs
Amanda Summers, Director, Human Resources