Lee College offers Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), and Associate of Science (AS) degrees. We also offer Field of Study Curricula and Certificates of Completion. On this page are links to program pages that contain all of these options, as available.
FINANCIAL AID REFUND RELEASE DATES
May Mini / Summer I 2016
|Financial Aid Process Completed Summer 2015||Financial aid will be applied to your account on||The refund will be available no later than|
|2/3 of term amount of Pell Grant and full-term award of scholarships||5/6/16||5/13/16||First disbursement for May classes|
|5/13/16||5/20/16||Second disbursement for May classes|
|May 17: Remaining aid, including loans||5/20/16||6/3/16||May Mini only|
|May 26: Remaining aid, including loans||5/27/16||6/10/16||All May classes|
|2/3 of term amount of Pell Grant and full-term award of scholarships||5/27/16||6/10/16||First disbursement of Pell and scholarships for June classes|
|June 21||6/24/16||7/8/16||First refund, June classes|
|July 6||7/8/16||7/22/16||2nd refund, June classes (30-day delay loans)|
Summer II 2016
|Financial Aid Process Completed Summer II 2015||Your financial aid will be applied to your account||Your refund will be available no later than|
|2/3 of term amount of Pell Grant and full-term award of scholarships||7/1/16||7/15/16||1st book release|
|7/11/16: All Aid||7/15/16||7/29/16||1st disbursement|
|7/29/16: All aid except 30-day loans||7/29/16||8/12/16||2nd disbursement|
|Financial Aid Process Completed Fall 2015||Financial aid will be applied to your myLC Campus account on||The refund will be available on your Higher One account no later than|
|2/3 of term amount of Pell Grant and full-term award of scholarships and other grants||8/19/16||9/2/16||1st release|
|9/23/16: All aid||9/30/16||10/14/16||1st disbursement|
|Financial Aid Process Completed Summer 2017||Your financial aid will be applied to your account||Your refund will be available no later than|
|2/3 of term amount of Pell Grant and full-term award of scholarships||1/6/17||1/20/17||1st release|
|2/10/17: All aid||2/17/17||3/3/17||1st disbursement|
|Financial Aid Process Completed Spring 2015||Financial aid will be applied to your myLC Campus account on||The refund will be available on your Higher One account no later than|
|Book Refunds||12/18/15||1/4/16||1st Book Release|
|1/4/16||1/8/16||2nd Book Release|
|Through 2/3/16||2/12/16||2/26/16||1st Disbursement|
|Through 2/19/16||2/26/16||3/11/15||30-Day Loan Borrowers|
|Through 3/25/16||4/1/16||4/15/15||2nd Disbursement|
|Spring Close Out||4/29/16||5/13/15||Clean Up Late Awards|
LEE COLLEGE SPRING 2015 FINANCIAL AID REFUND RELEASE
- Students with payment plans from Nelnet may still have payments taken until all financial aid has been posted and you have a zero or negative balance. Please review your payment agreements to determine when payments will be applied.
- Book Refunds are released to students who are fully processed by January 5 and you may use these funds to pay for your books and supplies at the Campus Store. Students awarded after this time or with non-refundable scholarships may request a book voucher by -mailing email@example.com.
- All registered students ages 16 and older will receive a LEE ONE debit card from Higher One. You must activate your Higher One account online; you will still have the option to choose direct deposit or use the debit card to receive refunds. All LEE ONE Cards will be mailed to the address on file with the Admissions Office. Please remember that if your current mailing address is not on file with the Admissions Office, your debit card will be returned to Higher One, which will cause a delay in you receiving your funds. All refundable aid (grants, loans and scholarships) will be released to you via the method you choose with Higher One.
- You must be enrolled in or have completed 6 hours during the term at the time the loan funds are posted to receive your student loan. If you are a new borrower there will be a 30-day delay on loan funds. Your loan funds will be applied no earlier than February 20, 2014.
- Final disbursement amounts will be based on the Credit Hours in your degree plan as listed in the Admissions Office as of January 28 for classes starting January 12 and March 23 for classes starting for the second 8 weeks. If due to drop/add activity your award changes after the book charges are applied and a balance is due to Lee College you will be responsible for that balance.
AA, AAT and AS
These degrees are for students who plan to transfer to four-year institutions and pursue baccalaureate degrees. AA, AAT, and AS degrees include 60 to 66 hours of freshman and sophomore courses.
Degrees are based on the core curriculum developed by the State of Texas and are updated to include fields of study as they become available from the state. The AAT degree is designed for teacher preparation and specifically transfers to upper-division education programs.
Because of common course numbering and similarity in degree plans, students can easily matriculate to universities, with most credits being accepted by public post-secondary institutions in Texas.
Fields of Study
Field of study curricula were mandated by the state legislature in 1997. These programs can transfer to general academic teaching institutions in the state of Texas and guarantee substitution for lower-division requirements for the degree program. Lee College currently offers Fields of Study in five areas: Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Music, Speech Communications, and Business.
Areas of Concentration
Areas of Concentration (AOC) provide structure to the elective courses taken to complete an AA or AS degree. Students focused on a major for bachelor’s degree work have multiple AOCs from which to choose. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the transfer university to obtain its specific course requirements and enroll in appropriate lower-division courses.
American Studies, Architecture, Church Music, Criminal Justice, Drama, English, General Studies, Health, Humanities, Literature, Mexican American Studies, Physical Education, Social Sciences, Social Work, Spanish, Transfer in Allied Health, Visual Arts, and Visual Arts: Imaging
AS Areas of Concentration
Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, and Pre-Engineering