As A Member Of The National Association Of Educational Buyers, Lee College District Subscribes To And Supports The Following Code Of Ethics
National Association Of Educational Buyers
Code Of Ethics
- To give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- To strive to obtain the maximum ultimate value of each dollar of expenditure.
- To decline personal gifts and gratuities.
- To grant all competitive bidders equal consideration insofar as the established policies of my institution permit, and to regard each transaction on its own merits.
- To conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- To demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product; and to be honest in return.
- To use only by consent original ideas and designs devised by one vendor for competitive purchasing purposes.
- To make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier.
- To accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- To cooperate with trade and industrial associations, governmental and private agencies engaged in the promotion and development of sound business methods.
- To foster and promote fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- To counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and to promote a spirit of unity among them.