If an active shooter is outside your building:
- Move to an inner area of the building if safe to do so.
- Turn off all the lights and close and lock all windows and doors.
- Contact Security at x6888 and/or call 911 with your location.
If an active shooter is inside your building:
- If it is possible to flee the area safely and avoid danger, do so.
- Lock all doors and secure yourself in your space.
- Silence mobile phones, pagers and other audio devices.
- Contact Security at x6888 and/or call 911.
- Get down on the floor or under a desk and remain silent.
- Wait for the all clear instruction to be issued by Security.
If an active shooter enters your office or classroom:
- Remain calm.
- Put distance between yourself and the offender. Make use of shielding.
- If possible, keep an escape route behind you.
- Make a personal choice to negotiate with or overpower the suspect.