The Hazlewood Act is a benefit for Texas veterans, exempting the cost of tuition and most fees.
Which charges are covered?
Which charges are not covered?
How does the exemption work?
How do I know if I qualify?
- You were a Texas resident
- You either designated Texas as your Home of Record or entered the service in Texas
- Have at least 181 days of active military duty (sum of 12c and 12d on DD-214)
- Received an honorable discharge or separation or a general discharge under honorable conditions
- Have no federal veterans education benefits that exceed the value of Hazlewood benefits
- Are not in default on student loans
Children and spouses may be eligible, as well. Visit http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/apps/financialaid/tofa2.cfm?ID=579 to learn more.
How do I apply for the exemption?
Eligible Children and Spouses Who Have Never Used the Exemption must complete both the HE-V (above) and the HE-D application form: HE-D Application Packet for Eligible Children and Spouses
Lee College Admissions
New and Transfer Students: http://www.lee.edu/apply-now/